Saturday, February 3, 2018

Tired and Whingey

I woke up too early this morning, before 4 and up and coffeeing by 1/4 past.   It is now 11.30ish.

I have done a couple loads of washing, mowed some of the grass area, ride-on though so doesn't count as exercise...read some of my book, had a visit from the son, fed the sheep and chooks, spent too much time on the computer, did lots of nothing...and now I am tired.  I will need a sleep this afternoon or will be sore and useless later on.

Anyway my thinking is that I am a thoughtless eater.  I eat then forget about it.  It's not until I tell someone what we have growing that I remember. 
For instance, son came out this morning and he asked if the figs were ripe yet.  I say yeah, I had 3 earlier.  I then tell him that the grapes are nearly finished, I know because I ate a bunch.  And then another.  I also tell him that some bananas are nearly ripe and I had one of those too.  But in my head I only had liver, onions and vegies for breakfast at half past 6.  Geez, I don't know why I am so fat...And some more thought tells me I also had some cheese.  And it's not even lunch time yet!

So, I eat too much.  It's mostly real food,  picked off the tree but still not needed.   Some would say not good for me though because of the carbs and sugars but I don't follow those lines of thinking.  I believe real food is way better than anything processed and too much fruit is better than any processed crap.  And bugger!  I have just seen the empty jar on the bench and now remember that I had the last of the Nutragrain while I was reading.  Not even real food but processed crap!!  What is wrong with me?!

Bum, it's raining...washing is getting wet, car windows are down...And even though it's not a lot it will be my excuse to not go for a bike-ride. 

OK, I'm tired, can feel myself getting sore so off to have a shower before I can't then a sleep instead of more whinging.

Edit  I woke at 2, feeling a bit stiff and sore but think I'll be OK.  I cooked up some fish, just salt and pepper and steamed.  Nice.  Not sure what I'll have for tea yet.

3 comments:

  1. To try and counteract thoughtless eating could you have a whiteboard/chalkboard in the kitchen, and every time you eat something, even just something little, write it down and the time.
    You'll be able to see if there's a pattern, certain times, certain foods, etc etc.
    Not calorie counting but still being accountable for what is being consumed. I've started doing this and have noticed that I wasn't counting the little things I had, but in the end, they add up to a lot of unwanted calories and unhealthiness and blerghness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would work inside but outside where the grapes, figs and bananas are...And if I am busy working...I am making excuses now haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm good point. Note pad? Every time you eat you have to walk inside and it down. Extra walking, but also annoying so may curb it

      Delete