Monday, November 26, 2012

Eight Week Challenge, Halfway Mark.

I'm into the second half of the 8 week challenge that I joined over at Simple Savings and hoping that I do better than the last half.  After 4 weeks I don't think anything has changed but I think it is because I didn't change anything.  The things on the list are things that I am always aware of and trying to improve so as always, some days were great and I scored high points but on the not so great days the scoring was lower. 

I'm glad I'm doing it as it has shown me that there are too many low scoring days which means too many days of not having 5 serves of vegetable, too many days of not doing 45min moving, too many days of eating crap food.   I know what I need to concentrate on for this half of the challenge.  

*I know that drinking 2 litres of water/fluid is a non issue.  That's what I drink, not cordial, cooldrink, alcohol...I drink water.  Coffee is not counted so lucky I don't need to but I do count the water kefir.  The stinging nettle tea could probably be counted if I needed to.  What do you think about counting that?
*I don't eat after 8PM so the 9PM stop eating rule is always achieved.
*Eating 2 bits of fruit each day is easy and it is a rare day that I don't have at least that.
*Posting is easy as I am on the computer any day that I am home.
*Three serves of veg, usually achieved but lately getting the 5 in has been hit and miss.  I need more hits there and I'll get them with the green smoothies...if I keep to them.

This week I am going to concentrate on getting a min of 5 serves of vegetables and I'd rather not have to eat to count potatoes.  It should be easy enough without them especially if I continue with the smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment